Summer sun and balmy weather is great. The insects and the critters? Not so great. These six smart DIY tips will keep bugs and other pests outside, where they belong:
- Trim shrubs or bushes that touch your home’s exterior.
- If you have a garden, pick fruits and vegetables as soon as they are ready.
- Keep bird feeders 25 feet or more from your house.
- Eliminate standing water on your property to stop mosquitos from breeding and hatching.
- Check the seal on your garage door to make sure it does not have gaps or holes that let in bugs or animals; if necessary, replace it with a Frost King Garage Door Bottom Our video can help you choose the right product for your garage door.
- Install a Frost King Door Sweep on exterior doors and storm doors to keep out crawling insects.
- Don’t have window screens? You can still let in the fresh summer air if you install WB Marvin Adjustable Window Screens, which are made in a variety of sizes to fit any window.