View All Tips&Tricks
A little preparation today can mean you are ready for the winter months ahead. Check these easy DIY home projects off your to-do list this weekend!
- Order firewood and have your chimney cleaned so you can warm up by a raging fire anytime you want.
- Have your furnace or boiler serviced so it’s ready to heat your home all winter long. Replace any filters – doing so consistently will not only improve air quality in your home, it can extend the life of your HVAC system and can shave 5 to 15 percent off your home heating costs.
- Want to save even more? Install a programmable thermostat so you can create a schedule that raises the temperature when your family is home and lowers it when the house is empty.
- Switch ceiling fans so they run in a clockwise rotation — with just a flip of a switch onr your fan you can push warm air that has risen to the ceiling back down into your living space.
- Want another do-it-yourself project that takes minutes to complete? Keep rooms more comfortable with Frost King Heat/Air Deflectors that direct warm air into your living spaces. They install quickly — just adjust the deflectors to the right size and snap them into place. Watch our how-to video here.