View All Tips&Tricks
After weeks of being at home 24/7, it’s time to give your house a deep clean and take care of all those spots you neglected (or forgot about) throughout the year. Use our room-by-room checklist to clean those forgotten spaces and turn your home into a sparkling, more livable space.
- Entryways. Hose off outdoor doormats and let them air dry. Vacuum indoor doormats on both sides. Wash glass storm doors, sidelights, and decorative glass panels on doors. While you’re at it, take a look at the weatherstripping that seals your entryways, and the doors. If it’s torn or rotted, replace it with one of our weatherstripping products.
- Windows. Let the sunshine in! Wait for a cloudy day (bright sun can leave streaks on windows as water dries) and wash windows with a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. If you have storm windows, now is the time to swap them out for screens. Hose screens down before placing them into the windows. Inspect screens for tears or holes; any small rips can be repaired with Frost King’s Screen Patches.
- Kitchen. Cabinets, counters and appliances should all be wiped down to get rid of grime and grease. Organize drawers, clean out the fridge, and go through the pantry to get rid of expired food.
- Bathrooms. Scrub grout and wash shower curtains and liners.
- Bedrooms. Wash all bedding and toss curtains and pillows in the dryer. Vacuum mattresses – and don't forget to clean under the bed, too. Dust ceiling fans and reverse the direction of fan blades so they push cool air down.
- Living Rooms and Family Rooms. Dust picture frames and light fixtures. Pull furniture away from the walls and vacuum behind and under it. Vacuum upholstered pieces – both sides of cushions! – and use the crevice tool to suck out any gunk that may have fallen into cracks.
- Whole House. Vacuum heating grates. Install baseboard air deflectors to push air conditioned air into your rooms.
Meet Our Mascot!
All hail the Frost King! This spring, we’re crowning a brand new Frost King mascot. The new mascot costume will be used at trade shows, home improvement fairs, and many other events.