Want to add something ho-ho-hilarious to your holiday decorations? Our quick and easy Elf Legs craft makes it look like a naughty elf has snuck into your home and is up to some merry mischief. Using Frost King Pipe Insulation for the legs is an easy shortcut to make this fun craft fast.
You will need:
• A pair of striped knee socks
• Frost King Tubular Foam Pipe Insulation for 1” pipes, cut into (2) 12” pieces
• Cloth elf shoes, such as these
• Elf hat
• 16 ounces polyester fiberfill craft stuffing
• Hot glue gun
• Glue sticks
1. To make the legs, cut the feet off the socks and trim as needed to the length of the pipe insulation. Pull each sock onto a piece of the Frost King Tubular Foam Pipe Insulation to cover.
2. Stuff the shoes and hat with fiberfill so they hold their shape; you may need to use the end of a wooden spoon, dowel, or chopstick to push the stuffing into the toes and other hard-to-reach corners.
3. Tuck each of the sock-covered pipes into a shoe, then tuck the other ends into the hat. If desired, you can place a dab of hot glue on either end of the sock-covered legs to secure them to the shoes and hat.
4. Get creative with where you display your mischievious elf! Arrange elf legs under the tree, sticking out from a pile of presents, in a planter on your front porch, or anywhere they’ll get a laugh from holiday guests.