View All Tips&Tricks
What’s on your to-do list this month? Plan a day to schedule maintenance appointments and complete small DIY projects so your home will be ready for cooler days ahead.
- Schedule a furnace or boiler tune up. Have a technician come and clean the unit, make needed repairs or adjustments, and get your unit ready to warm your house. You should also replace any filters so you’re starting the season with a clean machine.
- Have your chimney cleaned. Chimneys and fireplaces should be cleaned and inspected at least once a year to reduce the risk of a chimney fire.
- Order firewood. If you have a usable, working chimney, now is the time to place your order for a supply of firewood to keep your fireplace cozy all winter longer.
- Trim tree limbs. Any tree limbs that grow close to your roof or chimney should be cut back.
- Check fire extinguishers and replace fire alarm batteries. Make sure you’re prepared for the unthinkable by making sure fire extinguishers and fire/CO2 alarms are in good working order.
- Get air conditioners ready for winter. Install a Frost King Central Air Conditioner Cover to protect your AC over the winter. Our video gives simple step-by-step directions to make installation a breeze.